Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mexicanity

Hola. Welcome to Gusta. For all of you who still look sometimes at this blog, and haven't committed suicide because the fact that I haven't posted a post for a while... I'm not sure where I was going with that... It sounded funnier in my head.

Most of you know that I am Mexican, and proud. Through this post, I want to crush any and all Mexican stereo-types. We aren't all short, we can grow more than mustache, and we all can't jump over tremendously high fences... Just most of us. Just cause we are Mexican doesn't mean we automatically like tacos... Then again, who doesn't like tacos? We don't have ridiculously good-looking hair either... Actually, that one is true. I feel like I'm kind of proving myself wrong. Huh, I guess most those stereo-types are true.

Anyway, being Mexican is awesome. Walking around with the pride of being Mexican is a fantastic, indescribable feeling. It's not my Mexicanity that defines me... It's my gustfulness... Which comes from the Spanish phrase "Me Gusta"... Maybe my Mexicanity does define me? Well, there you go. Salsa is awesome... And burritos... And Fiestas... And piƱatas.

Even though I'm half Mexican, I am fully proud.

Remember this

"Half of a whole is something more than nothing that is something more than fully half of a whole something... Is nothing... Without something."-Andrew K. Shock

So, being Mexican is awesome. Period. Exclamation Point. Comma. Period.


As always, stay sweet.

Gust it,
Gust

No comments:

Post a Comment